Thursday 18 December 2008

3: Birthday

It's safe to say that I'm one of the people who finds this time of year deeply depressing. I dunno what it is exactly, but a number of factors come together to make me just wanna crawl in a hole and sleep for a month or two. It's cold, it's dark, people are stressing about buying things and not having money, you don't see your friends as much because there's no school or whatever; things like that, and the insane pressure to have a good time. 'It's Christmas, have fun!', despite the fact that is really very hard to have fun when someone tries to arrange/force it.

Not only is there this but it's my Birthday too, today specifically. Brillo, a week exactly before Christmas, EXACTLY the time when people are running about mad trying to sort out the food and the presents and all that enforced joy and family harmony stuff, and not giving a shit about much else. I'm seriously considering doing what the Queen does and having an official Birthday in June or something when there isn't some grotesque bastard child of a religious festival that people go mad for going on.

I've been a bit shit at the blog, I will do my very utmost to make it weekly, because I like reading it back, it's interesting. I don't know who reads this other than me, probably nobody, which might well be a good thing, but I'll go on pretending like I have an audience....

Got a new camera today! it's the sex. I'm gonna try to put up some of my work, just something I've been doing that week, there's various places you can go (I say various, it's DevArt and MySpace) if you want a 'portfolio'. I've been finding it redicu-larse-ly difficult to motovate myself to work recently, but needless to say the rants will say coming to here whenever they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment