Sunday 19 July 2009

Days 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24

Day 20

I came home today! Winona and I are hanging out with my parents, fun fun fun! :)
Have a somewhat crap photo or my room (Come oooonnn, I was tired!)

Winona was really good on the train too in her little box. Was asleep by Bridgend and pretty much didn't wake up again till I put her in her cage here! I'd started to worry she'd died from the stress. On a vaguely related note, thanks Sven for putting up with me being a rubbish whiney girl type and helping me, you're lovely!

Day 21

Preparations for 2000 Trees begins! People arrive, bags are packed, the weather turns...

Amongst all this excitement I make up some time with my cacti, who are all doing worryingly well having been re-potted recently by mum, they'll take the place over soon.

I make no apologies for being childish.



Day 22

2000 Trees!! wooooo! Up stupidly early and off for some beer, bands, buds and ..... photos. The weather is shite, but not so bad as to make it unbearable, the food is amazing, and I'm having lots of fun not being all sad and alone. Particularly enjoied Crazy Arm, Amplifier, The King Blues, Big Blue Sun and having a picture from last year in the program this year. Not so enjoyable was Rolo Tomassi, Fightstar, not being in the mood for the Headphone Disco, and....

 
... too many photographers! Jesus christ! I hardly took any, which is a shame, but I just felt so unnecessary. I took this while abusing my back-stage privileges and sitting on the inside of the barrier to watch The King Blues. 



Day 23

Day Two of festival and it's HELLO SUNSHINE! Woohoo! Lovely lovely, wandering about listening to a few bands, eating some pie from Pie Minister. Pie Minister are awesome, if you ever come across one of their shops or stalls, buy a pie, get mash and gravy too, amazing! I thought I like Pie Minister pie, but apparently Geoff loves it even more than I do!

Particularly enjoyed Oxygen Thief, Jim Lockey & the Solemn Son, Aspen Sails, Imperial Leisure, Dananananaykroyd (I was playing the 'snappy media way to sum them up' game in my head and got 'Cheerful Noise-mongering Scamps', come on NME, you know you want me), and Napoleon IIIrd, and most defiantly the time filling interlude from the Leaf Lounge Stage Manager.



Day 24

Get all packed and the tend down just in time for it to start shitting it with rain, skillz. Sorry to anyone who went to the welsh food place for a breakfast buttie after me, I had the last of the bread, muhahahaha! Got home nice and early before the shite weather set in.

The sunburn came up properly today, got some mad tan lines that include ones from my necklace, my glasses, and I've even burnt my fingers. Unprotected sunshine is BAD. The most strange to have to explain whenever i wear a skirt over the next few weeks is this:



Wellies, long socks, and leggns did this. Wear sun creme kids, this hurts, as does my face, and my finger.





what an epic post!

No comments:

Post a Comment